Full-Time Full Stack (Top Gun) Developer
We’re looking for a hotshot developer to join our product team in an ambitious, fast-moving (VC funded!) tech-startup in the events space.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to build the new ExpoCart marketplace from the ground up. To join Expocart, you must be a super smart, capable and passionate full stack developer who has the ability to build a robust global marketplace with solid foundations.
Who are ExpoCart?
ExpoCart are a young, energetic team based in Central London (High Street Ken).
We are revolutionising the way people find and order equipment for their events. Through a new state-of-the-art e-commerce marketplace, we’re creating the simplest and most convenient way to order event equipment through our extensive network of suppliers.
Our mission is to build a global platform that makes ordering event equipment as easy as booking a hotel room or ordering a takeaway. We’re talking innovative functionality, seamless user experience and technical firsts!
Your Job Description
You’ll take responsibility for delivering technical sprints on time and to specs and meeting the overall tech architecture & strategy using best practices.
You’ll have a strong influence on the way in which we build the product, help shape the future marketplace, turning an ambitious vision into a reality. No pressure then!
What we expect
• Kick-ass back and front-end coding!
• Liaising with the Creative Director, Technical Lead, Designers and your future team of Devs!
• Helping the team overcome technical hurdles.
• Qualified with either relevant e-commerce experience / degrees. Feel free to show off with links to your work (GitHub, Bitbucket etc).
• Fluent in major coding languages.
• Must write well-documented and maintainable code.
• Building the marketplace with expansion room for future functionality & global scalability.
• Can handle and develop APIs and integrations.
• Experience developing for mobile devices – think responsive!
• A great track record in delivering products or apps.
• Has at least 1yr+ hands-on development.
• Awareness of user experience and UI best practices would be an advantage.
• Hawk-like attention to detail, great organisation & time management.
• Can solve technical problems within tight deadlines.
• Experience with agile development processes / sprints.
• Familiar with the full development cycle from design to testing and release.
• Can multi-task and think on your feet in a dynamic, fast moving start-up.
• E-commerce experience would be preferable.
• Ready and willing to work in an amazing office in Central London.
• Starting salary £40k – £60k p.a. (based on experience)
• Potential stock options. ‘Nuff said.
• Your choice of hardware.
• Have a big say & impact on the future direction of our business.
• Challenging role with awesome personal growth and career development opportunities.
• Vibrant and fun office complete with Astroturf, beanbags, projector & table tennis!
• Free beers, red bulls & coffee. Also did we mention cereal and regular team lunches?
• Sociable & friendly team.