Full-Time Technical Lead / Top Gun Developer
We’re looking for a technical lead / hotshot developer to lead our product team in an ambitious, fast-moving (VC funded!) tech-startup in the events space.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to build the new ExpoCart marketplace from the ground up. To join Expocart, you must be a super smart, capable and passionate full stack lead developer who has the ability to lead a team and build a robust global marketplace with solid foundations.
Who are ExpoCart?
ExpoCart are a young, energetic team based in Central London (High Street Ken).
We are revolutionising the way people find and order equipment for their events. Through a state-of-the-art e-commerce marketplace, we’re creating the simplest and most convenient way to order equipment through our extensive network of suppliers.
Our mission is to build a global platform that makes ordering equipment as easy as booking a hotel room or ordering a takeaway. We’re talking innovative functionality, seamless user experience and technical firsts.
Your Job Description
You’ll take responsibility for leading and delivering technical sprints on time and to specs and setting the overall tech architecture & strategy using best practices. You’ll have a strong influence on the way in which we build the product, shape the future marketplace and will be responsible for turning an ambitious vision into a reality. No pressure then!
What we expect
- Kick-ass back-end and front-end coding!
- Liaising with the Creative Director, Designers and your future team of Devs!
- Able to guide and mentor junior developers in the future and help the team overcome technical hurdles.
- Qualified with either relevant e-commerce experience / degrees. Feel free to show off with links to your work (GitHub, Bitbucket etc).
- Fluent in the coding language of your choice (if we agree!).
- Must write well-documented and maintainable code.
- Building the marketplace with expansion room for future functionality & global scalability.
- Can handle and develop APIs and integrations.
- Experience developing for mobile devices – think responsive!
- A great track record in delivering products or apps.
- Has at least 3yrs+ hands-on development.
- Awareness of user experience and UI best practices would be an advantage.
- Hawk-like attention to detail, great organisation & time management.
- Can solve technical problems within tight deadlines.
- Experience with agile development processes / sprints.
- Familiar with the full development cycle from design to testing and release.
- Understanding of how business strategy impacts development requirements.
- Can multi-task and think on your feet in a dynamic, fast moving start-up.
- E-commerce experience would be preferable.
- Ready and willing to work in an amazing office in Central London.
- Starting salary £50k – £80k p.a. (based on experience)
- Generous stock options. ‘Nuff said.
- Your choice of hardware / software.
- Have a big say & impact on the future direction of our business.
- Challenging role with awesome personal growth and career development opportunities.
- Vibrant and fun office complete with Astroturf, beanbags, projector & table tennis!
- Free beers, red bulls & coffee. Also did we mention cereal and regular team lunches?
- Sociable & friendly team.